Website of Author Robert Weinberg -- Brain Photos
From the Mind of Phyllis Weinberg
Knowing Bob for 44 years has left me with “brain photos”. I will share the captions. You will have to fill in the “photos.”
- Bob running to me across IIT campus lot (1972).
- Looking starry-eyed at me eating fantastic deep dish pizza at Connie’s pizza place.
- Our hands atop each other with our new wedding rings (1973).
- First apartment on IIT campus with boxes of pulps in living room and movie cards taped to the walls.
- Busy typing “WT50” on the L.C. Smith typewriter sitting on a homemade desk.
- Folding catalogs in our second apartment with green shag carpeting in Alsip (1975).
- Barbeque party with E. Hoffman Price in our first home on 10606 S. Central Park in Chicago (1976).
- The night Matthew was born at that home with Ace paperback covers on the wall (1979).
- Holding Matthew until he went to sleep while wrapping packages.
- Moving to our current home in Oak Forest to accommodate the book business (1980).
- Joking about all the phone calls and changing our number to “1-900-CALL-BOB.”
- Being at Comic conventions... Pulp cons... World Fantasy Cons... Doctor Who Cons... Windy Cons... Windy City Pulp and Paper... etc.
- Hanging another piece of art.
- And then moving it again.
- Opening a box of books.
- Writing at the computer.
- Sitting in that weird pose of his on the floor with a pencil in his mouth, adding up the accounting books.
- Picking tomatoes in the garden (2012).
- Eating a bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich and a bowl of pineapple, strawberries, and blueberries.
- Eating at Portillo’s... and Panera... and Patio.
- Finding some neat puzzles at Goodwill... and the Dollar Tree (2014).
- Doing the puzzles.
- Falling asleep on the sofa while sitting up (2016).
- And being by my side, always.
Return to Main Page